.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

6 Things I Learned About My IB English HL Sample Essay

6 Things I Learned About My IB English HL Sample EssayI just finished writing an IB English HL sample essay, and I have to say that it's one of the easiest essays I've ever written. And in fact, I learned a lot.The first thing I found out was that everyone thinks the sea is warm. Well, actually the ocean is warm because of how it varies between seasons, but it's still warm. I'm glad they did this because it was a bit of a challenge to find a reference to a summer or a winter ocean. There were many other clues too, so I was trying to use all of them.The second thing I learned is that not all sample essays are the same. That's pretty obvious but it can also be quite hard to see. The difference between an easy-to-diffuse essay is the amount of information they are supposed to contain. I had some big things to talk about and I found it very difficult to find something interesting in each paragraph.The third thing I learned is that essays for exams like this are very similar to essays tha t you would write for class. They have some structure but you really shouldn't go into too much detail. You should have a couple of questions at the end of the essay as well as a conclusion. Now, if your essay is something a professor would write, you might want to write something a little more personal, like a love story or some type of essay about the sea.The fourth thing I found out is that most of us think the sea is warm. You'll notice in the IFRP (International Fact Sheet on R.O.E.) that they include references to the 'warm'relaxed' ocean. But there is a huge difference between warm and relaxing. The ocean is very calm at all times, and when it is warm, it's even more so. I don't know how I managed to find this out, but I sure did learn a lot about the ocean.The fifth thing I learned is that short paragraphs that start with a question are the best. As you're probably aware, you should always end each paragraph with a question. This makes the reader think that you have somethin g to say and is a good opportunity to show what you've already covered. Your first paragraph should also have some type of question at the end. This will help establish the mood of the essay and make it more personal.The sixth thing I learned is that the big question is a good way to begin each paragraph. These are very similar to question cards that you can buy to put in your desk. It's nice to have a big question at the beginning to get the reader interested. I also think it's a good idea to look at the question cards in class so you can easily pick out the questions in class and put them in the body of your essay.These are the six things I learned about my IB English HL sample essay. If you're looking for a good opportunity to impress your professor and show off your ability to write, then this may be the best way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment